Thanks to everyone who participated in the first-ever giveaway from What’s On My Face?, my Holy Grail Hair Treatment giveaway of one bottle of Argan Oil and one bottle of CHI Silk Infusion! We had 15 entries, which were numbered from 1-15 by WordPress, based on the first entry to the last. Using random.org, the winning entry was…drum roll please…
2. Jordan P | July 15, 2010 at 8:45 pm
Oh, goodness, also Rusk’s SHINE spray is AWESOME right after I’ve done a good blowout!
Congratulations, Jordan P! I will email you at the address you commented with to get your mailing address and will ship out your prize next week!
Again, thanks to all who participated, and if you didn’t win, no worries! I’m working with some awesome companies and hoping to giveaway some of their amazing products, and I’ve also got some giveaways of items purchased by me in the works (Top 15 Drugstore Beauty Products giveaway, anyone?)
And, on the same note, here’s a list of posts that will be coming your way soon:
- July Favorites
- Bubble & Bee Full Review
- Passport to Organics Turmeric Cream Full Review
- Favorite Beauty Books
- Top 15 YouTube Beauty Gurus
- More FOTDs/OOTDs…and hairstyles of the day!
Have a product you’d like to see reviewed, or a suggested blog post topic? Let me know in the comments! Thanks to everyone who has checked out What’s On My Face? in the first few weeks of the blog, means so much to me!
Hi again! Just a quick reminder to get in your comments on my Holy Grail hair treatment giveaway! You still have time. I accidentally had the closing date of the giveaway listed as July 15, but that was the date that I posted it. It closes on July 30 at midnight, so there’s still time to win a bottle of CHI silk infusion and a bottle of Argan Oil!
…to enter for a chance to win my Holy Grail Hair Products giveaway! In fact, you have a week and a half left to subscribe, post a comment to the giveaway blog and tell me your favorite hair product/tip, and post about your blog about this giveaway.
Who doesn’t love free stuff?
Since I’m just trying to launch this blog, I thought a giveaway would be a good way to get people to visit (even if it’s just to win something at first) and hopefully continue to read my blog after the contest. So, what’s up for grabs?
Look familiar? It’s my holy grail hair treatment combo — Chi Silk Infusion and Argan Oil! I’m giving away one set of brand new bottles of Chi Silk Infusion and Argan Oil.
The only rules I have are:
- You must subscribe to this blog (Google Reader, RSS, whatever).
- You must be in the U.S. or Canada (sorry international readers, but shipping can get expensive).
- You must be 18 or older, or have your parent/guardian give permission. I’m going to need your address to ship out the prize if you’re the winner.
So, what do you have to do to enter? You have a few options…
- Reply to this post, telling me your holy grail hair products/tips. You can do this as many times as you want (one entry per response), but each response must be a different product/tip.
- Tweet about this giveaway. (Make sure to reply to this post letting me know you’ve tweeted so that I can count it as an entry.)
- Post on your blog about this giveaway. (Again, I need you to reply separately about this so that it’s counted as an entry.)
The rest of the info…
- This giveaway will be open until July 30, 2010, at midnight (giving you two weeks to get your entries in!).
- I’ll use random.org to generate a winner and will notify the winner through a blog post and by email (so make sure you leave your email address in your replies).
The fine print: I purchased the products for this giveaway with my own money and was not provided with products by any company.
For most of my life, I’ve had long hair. There was a period in junior high when I cut it above my shoulders, but I’d rather forget that and not look at photos from back then.
My long hair is a big part of how I see myself, and how others see me. However, having long hair requires work and maintenance, two things that don’t always gel with my laziness and lack of time to spend on my hair. But, when I see a sea of split ends and feel the weight of the world on the top of my head, it motivates me to figure out a plan of attack. Trust me when I say I think I’ve tried everything to manage my hair…this picture is evidence of the amount of stuff I have for hair care (excuse the mess):
So, here are some tips I’ve picked up along the way on how you can wage war against dull, lifeless long hair:
- First – get it cut! That might seem counterproductive, if you’re trying to grow out your hair or keep it long, but you need to visit your stylist at least once every 6 weeks to get a trim. Otherwise, you’ll be housing dead, lackluster locks, even if they are long.
- And – think about layers. If you’re like me, and your hair is generally pretty thick and straight (or only has a slight natural wave), you might consider getting some long layers (and I stress the word long in that description), just to give some shape and movement to your hair. If everything is one length, and that length is past your shoulders, you probably want to lighten things up by asking your stylist for long layers (no shorter than chin length).
- But don’t forget – a great cut will only take you so far. You need to use the best products to keep your hair in shape in between trips to the salon. Here’s what I’m using, and what I’ve found to work for me: BEFORE shampooing, I get my hair wet in the shower. After ringing it out and combing, I put about a dime-size amount (maybe a tad more…I have a lot of hair) of Chi Silk Infusion through all my hair, followed by a generous amount of Argan Oil (which is a miracle product! I got mine on sale at Sally Beauty Supply for $6.99 or so, but I think Whole Foods also sells it, and you can get it on several online sites).I pile all of the hair on top of my head and put it in a topknot with a hairband. You can sleep with the treatment in, but I don’t have time to wash it out in the a.m., so I just let it set for an hour or so. Then, I hop back in the shower, rinse, and use my shampoo/conditioner (right now, it’s Aura Rosemary Mint Rejuvenating Shampoo & Conditioner, an Aveda knockoff you can get at Sally Beauty Supply. I had a coupon, and it was on sale the month that I bought it. Quick review – I like it and I don’t find it drying at all).
After that, I wrap my hair in a towel and pat dry. After taking it out of the towel, I spray TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray all through my hair, to protect it from the heat I’m about to put on it, and I rub a styling cream on the ends to keep the frizz at bay (right now, I’m using Sunsilk Hydra TLC 24/7 Creme — I bought this forever ago, so I’m not sure if this particular product is still in their line or if the packaging has changed, but get it if you can; it’s inexpensive and really helps to keep my hair smooth as I blowdry).
Then, I blowdry my hair upside down with my Conair Ion Shine (love love love this dryer! I use the diffuser on the end to concentrate the heat on my hair, and I get it about 80-90 percent dry. From there, I blow it out with a round brush (I learned how from lolamarie7 on YouTube. Check out her awesome, easy-to-follow tutorial.)
And the end result? A head of long hair that I’m really happy with!