Happy Friday! For those of us who work a 40-hour week Monday through Friday, there’s nothing like the start of a weekend.
So, to celebrate the awesomeness that is Friday, here’s my first ever Outfit of the Day. I love these types of blog posts and YouTube videos, so I hope my fashion interests you.
This is actually my Outfit of the Evening…during the day, I wore exactly this, but I had on a shirt with the name of my employer, which I didn’t want to post, and didn’t want to wear when I went out after work, so only the top is different from the day look! We’re probably just going to go out to dinner, so I’m keeping it casual!
My shirt was an awesome find from our trip to Austin, TX, last week. We ate breakfast one day at Magnolia Cafe (which you MUST do if you go to Austin; everyone eats here!), and stopped by Prima Dora, a shop next door to Magnolia that had shirts for the restaurant for sale! I found this super cute, thin tee that’s black and has adorable pink flamingos on it! I thought it was apt since the meal I got at Magnolia was called The Flamingo.
The jeans are a gray wash from Banana Republic Outlet (we went to the massive outlet mall in San Marcos, TX, on our vacation last week…it was a sensory overload!), and the shoes are the brand nicole, purchased at ROSS a month or so ago.
Ruffles are really on trend right now, and I love how the leg of the jean hits my foot so that the little ruffles on the shoes just poke out a bit. So girly and pretty!
I got the headband at Target — they have a TON of really cute ones in stock right now, very sweet and stylish. This is second-day hair, so when I got ready this morning, it wasn’t giving me much volume, so I just stuck the headband on it, and bam — looks like I put a ton of effort to style, and I didn’t!
As for jewelry, I went simple on the earrings, since I’ve got the jeweled headband up top, too. These are probably my favorite earrings of all-time. They’re from Forever21, and they came in one of those sets of 3 pairs of earrings for $3ish. Just cute little white flowers, and I get a ton of compliments on them.
I also threw on this rosary bracelet that I got from a local vendor at a craft show a few months ago. (I lost her business card, though, so I can’t find her name. I don’t think she had a website or anything.) I think pink and gray work really well together.
And a quick face of the day, list-style!
- Laura Gellar Spackle Tinted Under Makeup Primer (fantastic primer, gives you a nice base of color under foundation)
- Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Concealer (I dot this under my eyes and blend in before foundation)
- Milani Cosmetics Secret Cover Concealer Cream (I use this to cover up any redness, blemishes, discoloration, etc.)
- Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer in Fair to Light (Yes, the $0.74 score from my Target haul yesterday! Tested it out today, and I liked it. Very silky to apply, blended well, but I was left with a super dewy, almost oily finish — and I have dry skin! So, just set it with a powder, and it was fine.)
- MAC Just a Pinch Gel Blush – limited edition (Got this at the CCO in San Marcos outlet mall. I use it over foundation but under my finishing powder, then follow up after powder with a light wash of powder blush.)
- e.l.f. High Definition Powder (love this to set my foundation and cream products! It really softens the face and is not at all cake-y.)
- Almay bronzer in Sunkissed (I apply this with a light hand to my cheekbones, forehead and under my chin, just so I’m not so pasty white!)
- NARS blush in Orgasm (This truly is the perfect color, pinky-peach and makes you look so alive!)
- Laura Gellar Baked Body Frosting in Sugar Glow (this is the prettiest highlight! Goes above my cheekbones, on my browbone and in my cupid’s bow.)
- e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer (a total dupe for Urban Decay Primer Potion!)
- MAC Painterly Paint Pot (after the primer, this gives my lids a really even base to start applying shadow)
- MAC Phloof! (I use this eyeshadow all over the lid and in the inner corners, to open up my eyes and add some shine)
- Lancome Color Design Eyeshadow in Moccachino (I use my crease brush to softly blend this into the crease, adding some definition without making my lids too dark. Plus, it’s a matte, so it helps to balance out the shimmer of Phloof!)
- Smashbox Etch eyeshadow (Is this no longer sold in the Smashbox line? I got mine in a set through HauteLook so I’m not sure. Anyway, I tap a bit of this into my outer corners and blend to the middle of the lids.)
- Christian Siriano for Victoria’s Secret eyeshadow in Royalty (This was limited edition, and I bought at the VS outlet in San Marcos. It’s a gorgeous chocolate brown shade, and I use it to deepen the outer V.)
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Pure White (I line my waterline with this to open up my eyes and make me look wide awake!)
- Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner in Bold Brown (I line my upper and lower lash lines with this for definition.)
- Urban Decay Skyscraper Multi-Benefit Mascara (After curling my lashes, I apply this to my upper lashes. I have a mini-tube of this, and I love the control I have with the brush!)
- Upper Canada Naturally Lip Butter in Sweet Vanilla Fig (Holy gosh, I got this at a Buc-ees convenience store on the road during our vacation last week, and I LOVE it! Most conditioning lip butter ever, and I have super dry lips!)
- MAC Viva Glam Gaga lipstick (such a Barbie pink!)
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Lilac Pastelle (softens up the Gaga and gives me a baby pink pout)
Gosh, that looks like a lot in a bulleted list, doesn’t it? But remember, I’m doing a full face of makeup, and I’m not blessed enough to have such good skin that I can leave stuff out.
So that’s what I’m wearing tonight. Hope you like it! What did you wear today?